The Burlington School District is happy to be able to provide the S.O.A.R. (Summer Opportunities Academics & enRichment) Program this summer. In this program, participants will gain critical reading and math skills through five weeks of high-quality project-based academic offerings and theme-based enrichment activities, all designed to prevent summer learning loss.
The program is open to students currently in kindergarten through fifth grade, prioritizing those with low attendance and who meet one or more of the following criteria:
● below standard in math or literacy, or
● eligible for free or reduced school lunch, or
● receive Title, English Learner or Special Education services or
● had significant absences from school
DATES / TIMES / LOCATION:
● July 5th – August 3rd
● Monday – Thursday, 9AM – 3PM
● J.J. Flynn Elementary School
● S.O.A.R. is a FREE program.
● Breakfast and lunch served.
● Transportation is available.
● Registration is through PowerSchool;
● Registration deadline: Monday, April 10th, 2023
● Completion of registration form does not guarantee enrollment in the program.
● Families will be notified of acceptance in April. A waitlist will be established if needed
For registration questions please contact Sage Janser, firstname.lastname@example.org