BSD assists students and families with transportation in a variety of ways. We offer bussing from the South End of the City to schools further north, and we offer a route from the North End to schools in the South End.
The District also contracts with Green Mountain Transit (GMT) to run School Trippers for our students; these buses go to most neighborhoods.
Due to Coronavirus, please be advised that this year rider capacity is significantly reduced on GMT busses, with a maximum of 18 passengers allowed on each bus (as of August 5, 2020). Students and families are strongly encouraged to seek alternative transportation whenever possible.
District Bussing – North-to-South and South-to-North
GMT Bussing and Bus Schedule
All morning and afternoon schedule times for route throughout Burlington are available on the GMT website. GMT is operating with a “No Fare” policy due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This will be in place for an extended time period.
Expectations on the Bus
Students are expected to follow all bus rules while riding. Buses have cameras to record both video and audio. School administration will review the tapes if a concern arises. Violating bus rules may result in short- or long-term suspension, and families will need to arrange their own transportation.
- Bus Rules:
- Respect other students and the driver.
- Remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Listen and obey the driver’s instructions at all times.
- Keep your heads, hands, and arms to yourself and, most importantly, inside the bus.
- Do not throw objects on the bus or out the windows.
- Use a quiet voice.
- All school rules apply to the bus and at bus stops.